If you are on Universal Credit or another benefit, check if you could save by switching to a phone and broadband ‘social’ tariff

If you get Universal Credit, your phone and broadband provider(s) may offer you a lower-cost package. Sometimes, these are called Essential’ or ‘Basic’ packages.

Depending on your supplier’s rules, you might also be able to get a social phone and broadband tariff if you get one or more of these benefits:

  • Pension Credit
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • Attendance Allowance

To find out if you can get a social phone and broadband tariff and apply:


visit the Ofcom website


find your supplier in the list, 


click on the link to their website to apply. Or you can call your supplier to discuss switching tariffs.