Support to help pay for energy costs if you live in Northern Ireland

If you are on a low income

You could check if you are eligible for:

Affordable Warmth Scheme

This pays for work to be done to your home that makes it cheaper to run. For example, it could pay for:

  •  wall, loft or floor insulation,
  • draught-proofing, or
  • a heating system upgrade.

You can find out if you could get the Affordable Warmth Scheme and how to apply here.

If you get any of these benefits:

  • Pension Credit
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Universal Credit
  • Support for Mortgage Interest

You could check if you are eligible for:

Cold Weather Payment

This pays you £25 if it gets freezing (0 degrees or lower) where you live for a week or more.

If you qualify, you do not normally need to apply for this. The payment goes into the same account as your other benefits.

You can find out who can get Cold Weather Payment here. 

If you are not getting Cold Weather Payments and think you should be, you can find out what to do.